This is the protocol for a review and there is no abstract. The objectives are as follows:
To determine if administration of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) and/or aspirin is effective as chemoprevention for colorectal cancer in patients with previous colorectal carcinomas, compared to currently available other agents or no intervention and to assess adverse effects associated with the intervention.
The following hypotheses will be tested:
1. NSAID and/or aspirin is better than no intervention
2. NSAID and/or aspirin is better than a placebo/sham intervention;
3. Aspirin with combination of resistant starch is better than no intervention;
4. One type of NSAID is better than another type;
5. Increased dose of NSAID and/or aspirin is better than another dose.