Built environment interventions for increasing physical activity in adults and children
Editorial Group: Cochrane Public Health Group
Published Online: 31 JAN 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Tully MA, Kee F, Foster C, Cardwell CR, Weightman AL, Cupples ME. Built environment interventions for increasing physical activity in adults and children (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013, Issue 1. Art. No.: CD010330. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD010330.
- Publication Status: New
- Published Online: 31 JAN 2013
This is the protocol for a review and there is no abstract. The objectives are as follows:
- Assess the effects of interventions targeting increased use of the built environment for overall PA in both adults and children.
- Compare the effects of interventions encouraging the use of existing built environments with interventions that, with or without involving informational approaches, involve building or regenerating environments.
- Describe other health benefits (e.g. mental health, risk factors for cardiovascular and other diseases) where outcomes are available.
- Explore whether the effects of interventions differ between adults and children and between advantaged and disadvantaged populations.
- Identify gaps in the evidence and highlight future research needs in the area.