Barriers and facilitators to the implementation of doctor-nurse substitution strategies in primary care: qualitative evidence synthesis
Editorial Group: Cochrane Effective Practice and Organisation of Care Group
Published Online: 28 FEB 2013
Assessed as up-to-date: 31 JAN 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Rashidian A, Shakibazadeh E, Karimi- Shahanjarini A, Glenton C, Noyes J, Lewin S, Colvin C, Laurant M. Barriers and facilitators to the implementation of doctor-nurse substitution strategies in primary care: qualitative evidence synthesis (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013, Issue 2. Art. No.: CD010412. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD010412.
- Publication Status: New
- Published Online: 28 FEB 2013
- Task-shifting in Mozambique: evaluating antiretroviral therapy as newly implemented by mid-level health professionals. AIDS 2008 - XVII International AIDS Conference. Abstract MOPE0790. 2008. , , , , , , et al.
- Conducting a meta-ethnography of qualitative literature: lessons learnt. BMC Medical Research Methodology 2008;8(21). [DOI: 10.1186/1471-2288-8-21] , , , , , .
- Assessing program outcomes from the bottom-up approach: An innovative perspective to outcome evaluation. New Directions for Evaluation 2011;2011(130):93-106. , .
- Expanding access to ART in South Africa: the role of nurse initiated treatment. South African Medical Journal 2010;100(4):210-2. , , , , , , et al.
Critical Appraisal Skills Programme 2010
- Critical Appraisal Skills Programme (CASP). 10 questions to help you make sense of qualitative research. England: Critical Appraisal Skills Programme 2010. Available from: http://www.casp-uk.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/CASP_Qualitative_Appraisal_Checklist_14oct10.pdf.
- Nurse-led primary healthcare walk-in centres: an integrative literature review. Journal of Advanced Nursing 2012;68(2):248-63. , , .
Dierick-van Daele 2009
- Nurse practitioners substituting for general practitioners: randomized controlled trial. Journal of Advanced Nursing 2009;65(2):391–401. , , , , .
- Electronic searching to locate qualitative research: evaluation of three strategies. Journal of Advanced Nursing 2007;57(1):95-100. , .
- Barriers and facilitators to the implementation of lay health worker programmes to improve access to maternal and child health: qualitative evidence synthesis. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013, Issue Forthcoming. , , , , , , .
- Comparing the cost of nurse practitioners and GPs in primary care: modelling economic data from randomised trials. British Journal of General Practice 2006;56:530–5. , , , .
- Space or no space for managing public hospitals: a qualitative study of hospital autonomy in Iran. International Journal of Health Planning and Management 2011;26(3):e121-37. [DOI: 10.1002/hpm.1050] , , , , , , .
- Systematic review of the effectiveness of primary care nursing. International Journal of Nursing Practice 2009;15(1):16-24. , , , .
- Naturalistic enquiry. London: Sage, 1985. , .
- The productivity and cost efficiency of models for involving nurse practitioners in primary care: a perspective from queuing analysis. Health Services Research 2012;47(2):594-613. , .
Lloyd Jones 2005
- Role development and effective practice in specialist and advanced roles in acute hospital settings: systematic review and meta-synthesis. Journal of Advanced Nursing 2005;49(2):191–209. .
- Qualitative data analysis: an expanded sourcebook. London: Sage, 1994. , .
- Directly Observed Therapy and TB: how can a systematic review of qualitative research improve services? A qualitative meta-synthesis. Journal of Advanced Nursing 2007;57(3):227-43. , .
- Chapter 20: Qualitative research and Cochrane reviews. In: Higgins JPT, Green S editor(s). Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5.0.2 [updated September 2009]. The Cochrane Collaboration, 2009. , , , , .
- A framework for mandatory impact evaluation to ensure well informed public policy decisions. Lancet 2010;375:427-31. , , , , , , et al.
- Benefits and limitations of nurses taking on aspects of the clinical role of doctors in primary care: integrative literature review. Journal of Advanced Nursing 2010;66(8):1658–70. .
- Qualitative data analysis for applied policy research. In: Bryman A, Burgess R editor(s). Analysing qualitative data. London: Routledge, 1994:173-94. , .
- Implementing nurse prescribing: a case study in diabetes. Journal of Advanced Nursing 2010;66(3):522-31. , , .
SURE Collaboration 2011
- SURE Collaboration. SURE Guides for Preparing and Using Evidence-Based Policy Briefs: 5. Identifying and addressing barriers to implementing policy options. Version 2.1 [updated November 2011]. The SURE Collaboration 2011; Vol. Available from www.who.int/evidence/sure/guides.
van Ginneken 2011
- World Health Organization. Making pregnancy safer: the critical role of the skilled birth attendant - a joint statement by WHO, ICM and FIGO. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2004.
- World Health Organization. Task shifting: rational redistribution of tasks among health workforce teams: global recommendations and guidelines. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2008.
- World Health Organization. WHO recommendations: Optimizing health worker roles to improve access to key maternal and newborn health interventions through task shifting - OPTIMIZEMNH. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2012.