HMG CoA reductase inhibitors (statins) for preventing acute kidney injury after surgical procedures requiring cardiac bypass
Editorial Group: Cochrane Renal Group
Published Online: 30 APR 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Lewicki M, Ng I, Schneider AG. HMG CoA reductase inhibitors (statins) for preventing acute kidney injury after surgical procedures requiring cardiac bypass (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013, Issue 4. Art. No.: CD010480. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD010480.
- Publication Status: New
- Published Online: 30 APR 2013
This is the protocol for a review and there is no abstract. The objectives are as follows:
This review aims to look at the evidence that supports the benefits of perioperative statins in prevention of AKI occurring in hospitalised adults after surgery requiring cardiac bypass. The main objectives are:
- To determine whether statin use is associated with the prevention of development of AKI.
- To determine whether the use of statins is associated with a reduction in in-hospital mortality.
- To determine whether the use of statins is associated with a reduction in the need for renal replacement therapy.
- To determine any adverse effects associated with the use of statins.