This is not the most recent version of the article. View current version (3 NOV 2015)
Pelvic floor muscle training added to another active treatment versus the same active treatment alone for urinary incontinence in women
Editorial Group: Cochrane Incontinence Group
Published Online: 6 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Ayeleke RO, Hay-Smith EJC, Omar MI. Pelvic floor muscle training added to another active treatment versus the same active treatment alone for urinary incontinence in women (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013, Issue 6. Art. No.: CD010551. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD010551.
- Publication Status: New
- Published Online: 6 JUN 2013
This is not the most recent version of the article. View current version (03 NOV 2015)
- Fourth International Consultation on Incontinence Recommendations of the International Scientific Committee: Evaluation and treatment of urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, and fecal incontinence. Neurourology and Urodynamics 2010;29:213-40. , , , et al.
- Comparison of the long-term effects of simple total abdominal hysterectomy with transcervical endometrial resection on urinary incontinence. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2008;115(2):199-204. , , , .
- The pelvic floor muscles: muscle thickness in healthy and urinary incontinent women measured by perineal ultrasonography with reference to the effect of pelvic floor training. Oestrogen receptor studies. Neurourology and Urodynamics 1997;16:237-75. .
- Pelvic floor muscle exercise for the treatment of female stress urinary incontinence. III: Effects of two different degrees of pelvic floor muscle exercise. Neurourology and Urodynamics 1990;9:489-502. , , , , .
- Anatomy and mechanics of structures around the vesical neck: how vesical position may affect its closure. Neurourology and Urodynamics 1988;7:161-2. .
- Dewhurst’s Textbook of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. Seventh. Oxford: Blackwell, 2007. .
- The effect of bladder training, pelvic floor muscle training or combination training on urodynamic parameters in women with urinary incontinence. Continence programme for women research group. Neurourology and Urodynamics 1999;18:427-36. , , , et al.
- An International Urogynecological Association (IUGA)/International Continence Society (ICS) joint report on the terminology for female pelvic floor dysfunction. Neurourology and Urodynamics 2010;29:4-20. , , , et al.
- Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions. Version 5.1.0. The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011. , .
- Management of co-existent stress and urge incontinence. British Journal of Urology 1989;57:641-6. , .
- Outcome measures for research in adult women with symptoms of lower urinary tract dysfunction. Neurourology and Urodynamics 1998;17(3):255-62. , , , , , et al.
- Persistent urinary incontinence and delivery mode history: a six-year longitudinal study. BJOG: An international Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2006;113(2):218-24. , , , , , .
- The prevalence of pelvic floor disorders and their relationship to gender, age, parity and mode of delivery. BJOG: An international Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2000;107(12):1460-70. , , , .
- Prevalence of comorbid psychiatric illness and its impact on symptom perception, quality of life, and functional status in women with urinary incontinence. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2002;187:80-7. [DOI: 10.1067/mob.2002.124839] , , , , , .
- Epidemiology of Urinary (UI) andFaecal (FI) Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP). In: Abrams P, Cardozo L, Khoury S, Wein A (editors). Incontinence. 4th Edition. Health Publication Ltd., 2009. , , , , , , . , , .
- The excitability of the micturition reflex. Scandinavian Journal of Urology and Nephrology 1995;29 Suppl 175:21-5. .
- The impact of female urinary incontinence and urgency on quality of life and partner relationship. Neurourology and Urodynamics 2009;28:976-81. [DOI: 10.1002/nau.20709] , , .
- Timed voiding for the management of urinary incontinence in adults. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2004, Issue 1. [DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD002802.pub2] , , , .
- Physiotherapy in Obstetrics & Gynaecology. Oxford: Butterworth Heinemann, 1990. , .
- Williams Gynaecology. First Edition. New York: McGraw Hill, 2008. , , , , , .
- A review of the psychosocial predictors of help seeking behaviour and impact on quality of life in people with urinary incontinence. Journal of Clinical Nursing 2001;10:15-24. [DOI: 10.1046/j.1365-2702.2001.00443] .
- The psychosocial impact of urinary incontinence in women. The Obstetrician and Gynaecologist 2011;13(3):143-8. , , , .
- The cost of clinically significant urinary storage symptoms for community dwelling adults in the UK. BJU International 2004;93:1246-52. , , , et al.
van Kerrebroeck 2002
- The standardisation of terminology in nocturia: report from the standardisation Sub-committee of the International Continence Society. Neurourology and Urodynamics 2002;21:179-83. , , , et al.