- Quality of life after surgery for Graves' disease: comparison of those having surgery intended to preserve thyroid function with those having ablative surgery. Thyroid 2012;22(5):494-500. [PUBMED: 22420618] , , .
- Total thyroidectomy for benign thyroid disease: is it really worthwhile?. Annals of Surgery 2011;254(5):724-9. [PUBMED: 22005150] , , , , , .
- Total thyroidectomy for management of benign thyroid disease: review of 526 cases. World Journal of Surgery 2002;26(12):1468-71. [PUBMED: 12360381] , , , , , .
- A critical review and meta-analysis of the association between overt hyperthyroidism and mortality. European Journal of Endocrinology/European Federation of Endocrine Societies 2011;165(4):491-7. [PUBMED: 21724839] , , , .
- A prospective randomized comparison of bilateral subtotal thyroidectomy versus unilateral total and contralateral subtotal thyroidectomy for graves' disease. World Journal of Surgery 2005;29(2):160-3. [PUBMED: 15650802] , , , .
De Bellis 2012
- Time course of Graves' ophthalmopathy after total thyroidectomy alone or followed by radioiodine therapy: a 2-year longitudinal study. Endocrine 2012;41(2):320-6. [PUBMED: 22169963] , , , , , .
- The efficacy and safety of total thyroidectomy in the management of benign thyroid disease: a review of 932 cases. Canadian Journal of Surgery 2009;52(1):39-44. [PUBMED: 19234650] , , , .
- What is the best definitive treatment for Graves' disease? A systematic review of the existing literature. Annals of Surgical Oncology 2012;20(2):660-7. [DOI: 10.1245/s10434-012-2606-x] , , , , .
- Early relapse after operation for Graves' disease: postoperative hormone kinetics and outcome after subtotal, near-total, and total thyroidectomy. Surgery 1998;124(5):894-900. [: 9823404] , , , .
- Quantifying heterogeneity in a meta-analysis. Statistics in Medicine 2002;21:1539-58. , .
- Measuring inconsistency in meta-analysis. BMJ 2003;327:557-60. , , , .
- A re-evaluation of random-effects meta-analysis. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series A (Statistics in Society) 2009;172(1):137-59. , , .
- The Cochrane Collaboration's tool for assessing risk of bias in randomised trials. BMJ 2011;343:d5928. , , , , , , et al.
- Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5.1.0 [updated March 2011]. The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011. Available from www.cochrane-handbook.org. , .
- Observer bias in randomized clinical trials with measurement scale outcomes: a systematic review of trials with both blinded and nonblinded assessors. Canadian Medical Association Journal 2013;185(4):E201-11. , , , , , , et al.
- Treatment options for Graves disease: a cost-effectiveness analysis. Journal of the American College of Surgeons 2009;209(2):170-9. [PUBMED: 19632593] , , , , , .
- The impact of outcome reporting bias in randomised controlled trials on a cohort of systematic reviews. BMJ 2010;340:c365. [DOI: 10.1136/bmj.c365] , , , , , , et al.
- Lange Current Diagnosis and Treatment: Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery. 3rd Edition. McGraw-Hill, 2012. .
- Incidence and clinical presentation of moderate to severe graves' orbitopathy in a Danish population before and after iodine fortification of salt. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 2012;97(7):2325-32. [PUBMED: 22518849] , , , , .
- Outcome of Graves' orbitopathy after total thyroid ablation and glucocorticoid treatment: follow-up of a randomized clinical trial. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 2012;97(1):E44-8. [PUBMED: 22031515] , , , , , .
- The PRISMA statement for reporting systematic and meta-analyses of studies that evaluate interventions: explanation and elaboration. PLoS Medicine 2009;6(7):1-28. [DOI: 10.1371/journal.pmed.1000100] , , , , , , et al.
- The efficacy of thyroidectomy for Graves' disease: a meta-analysis. Journal of Surgical Research 2000;90(2):161-5. [PUBMED: 10792958] , , .
- The diagnostic criteria of Graves' disease and especially the thyrotropin receptor antibody; our own experience. Hellenic Journal of Nuclear Medicine 2007;10(2):89-94. [PUBMED: 17684583] , .
- Autoimmune thyrotoxicosis: diagnostic challenges. American Journal of Medicine 2012;125(9):S1. [PUBMED: 22938935] , .
- Interpretation of random effects meta-analyses. BMJ 2011;342:d549. , , .
- Recommendations for examining and interpreting funnel plot asymmetry in meta-analyses of randomised controlled trials. BMJ 2011;343:d4002. , , , , , , et al.
- Empirical evidence of bias in treatment effect estimates in controlled trials with different interventions and outcomes: meta-epidemiological study. BMJ 2008;336(7644):601-5. , , , , , , et al.
- Is subtotal thyroidectomy a cost-effective treatment for Graves disease? A cost-effectiveness analysis of the medical and surgical treatment options. Surgery 2012;152(2):164-72. [PUBMED: 22503512] , , , .