Vilanterol and fluticasone for asthma
Editorial Group: Cochrane Airways Group
Published Online: 7 OCT 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Powell C, Dwan K, Milan SJ, Walters N, Bax L. Vilanterol and fluticasone for asthma (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013, Issue 10. Art. No.: CD010758. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD010758.
- Publication Status: New
- Published Online: 7 OCT 2013
- Consistently favorable safety profile of Fluticasone Furoate (FF), A Once-Daily (OD) inhaled corticosteroid (ICS), across a range of treatment steps in patients with uncontrolled asthma. American Thoracic Society Conference; 2011 May 15; Denver. 2011. , , , , , , et al.
- British Guideline on the Management of Asthma. A national clinical guideline. www.sign.ac.uk/pdf/sign101.pdf (accessed 10/12/2012).
- b2-adrenoceptor agonists:current and future direction. British Journal of Pharmacology 2011;163:4-17. , , .
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Vital signs. www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns/asthma/ (accessed 10/12/2012).
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Trends in Asthma Prevalence, Health Care, and Mortality in the United States, 2001-2010. CDC http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db94.htm (accessed 10/12/2012).
- Paediatric asthma: overcoming barriers to an improved quality of life. British Journal of Nursing 2005; Vol. 14, issue 2:80–5. .
- GINA Report, Global Strategy for Asthma Management and Prevention. Updated December 2011. www.ginasthma.org (accessed 10/12/2012). .
- Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5.1 [updated March 2011]. The Cochrane Collaboration. Available from www.cochrane-handbook.org, 2011. , .
- Vilanterol trifenatate, a novel inhaled long-acting beta2 adrenoceptor agonist, is well tolerated in healthy subjects and demonstrates prolonged bronchodilation in subjects with asthma and COPD. Pulmonary Pharmacology and Therapeutics 2013;26(2):256-64. , , .
- Leukotriene modifiers for asthma treatment. Clinical and Experimental Allergy 2010;40(12):1732-41. , .
- NHS 2011 HES online hospital episode statistics. www.hesonline.nhs.uk (accessed 10/12/2012).
- Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Asthma (EPR 3). www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/asthma/ 2007 (accessed 10/12/2012).
Review Manager 2012
- The Nordic Cochrane Centre, The Cochrane Collaboration. Review Manager (RevMan). 5.2. Copenhagen: The Nordic Cochrane Centre, The Cochrane Collaboration, 2012.
- Vital signs. World Health Organization. Global surveillance, prevention and control of chronic respiratory diseases: a comprehensive approach. WHO Press Geneva Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns/asthma/ (accessed September 2013). , .
- World Health Organization. Health topics: asthma. http://www.who.int/topics/asthma/en/ (accessed 13 September 2011).