Interventions for improving medication reconciliation across transitions of care
Editorial Group: Cochrane Effective Practice and Organisation of Care Group
Published Online: 30 OCT 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Redmond P, Grimes TC, McDonnell R, Boland F, Hughes C, Fahey T. Interventions for improving medication reconciliation across transitions of care (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013, Issue 10. Art. No.: CD010791. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD010791.
- Publication Status: New
- Published Online: 30 OCT 2013
- Falling through the cracks: challenges and opportunities for improving transitional care for persons with continuous complex care needs. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 2003;51(4):549-55. .
- Improving the quality of transitional care for persons with complex care needs. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 2003;51(4):556-7. , .
- Cochrane Effective Practice and Organisation of Care (EPOC) Group. What outcomes should be reported in Cochrane Effective Practice and Organisation of Care (EPOC) reviews?. http://epoc.cochrane.org/sites/epoc.cochrane.org/files/uploads/06%20What%20outcomes%20should%20be%20reported%20in%20EPOC%20reviews%202013%2008%2012.pdf (accessed 17-10-2013).
- Cochrane Effective Practice and Organisation of Care (EPOC) Group. EPOC Resources for review authors. Oslo: Norwegian Knowledge Centre for the Health Services; 2013. http://epocoslo.cochrane.org/epoc-specific-resources-review-authors (accessed 17-10-2013).
- Cochrane Effective Practice and Organisation of Care (EPOC) Group. Effective Practice and Organisation of Care (EPOC). EPOC Resources for review authors. Data collection checklist. Oslo: Norwegian Knowledge Centre for the Health Services; 2013.. http://epoc.cochrane.org/sites/epoc.cochrane.org/files/uploads/datacollectionchecklist.pdf (accessed 17-10-2013).
- Making inpatient medication reconciliation patient centered, clinically relevant and implementable: a consensus statement on key principles and necessary first steps. Journal of Hospital Medicine 2010;5(8):477-85. , , , , , , et al.
- Medication details documented on hospital discharge: cross-sectional observational study of factors associated with medication non-reconciliation. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 2011;71(3):449-57. , , , , , , et al.
- Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5.1.0 [updated March 2011]. The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011. Available from www.cochrane-handbook.org. , .
- Patient safety and quality: An evidence-based handbook for nurses. (Prepared with support from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation). AHRQ Publication No. 08-0043. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; March 2008. http://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/clinicians-providers/resources/nursing/resources/nurseshdbk/nurseshdbk.pdf (accessed 17-10-2013). .
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement. How-to Guide: Prevent Adverse Drug Events by Implementing Medication Reconciliation. http://www.ihi.org/_layouts/ihi/login/login.aspx?ReturnURL=%2fknowledge%2fPages%2fTools%2fHowtoGuidePreventAdverseDrugEvents.aspx (accessed 17-10-2013).
- Institute of Medicine. In: Kohn L Corrigan J Donaldson M editor(s). To Err Is Human: Building a Safer Health System.. Washington, DC: National Academies Press, 1999.
- Medication reconciliation : a necessity for continuity of care (EAHP 16th Congress Report). European Journal of Hospital Pharmacy: Practice 2011;17:32-3. , .
- Transitions of care. Annals of Internal Medicine 2013;158(5 Pt 1):ITC3-1. , .
- Youngblood L, , , , et al. Reduction of 30-day postdischarge hospital readmission or emergency department (ED) visit rates in high-risk elderly medical patients through delivery of a targeted care bundle. Journal of Hospital Medicine 2009;4(4):211-8. , ,
- Medication reconciliation during transitions of care as a patient safety strategy: a systematic review. Annals of Internal Medicine 2013;158(5 Pt 2):397-403. , , , .
- Medical errors related to discontinuity of care from an inpatient to an outpatient setting. Journal of General Internal Medicine 2003;18(8):646-51. , , , .
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Technical patient safety solutions for medicines reconciliation on admission of adults to hospital: Guidance. Available from http://guidance.nice.org.uk/PSG001.
Review Manager 2013
- The Nordic Cochrane Centre, The Cochrane Colllaboration. Review Manager (RevMan). 5.2. Copenhagen: The Nordic Cochrane Centre, The Cochrane Colllaboration, 2013.
- An innovative approach to integrated medicines management. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice 2007;13(5):781-8. , , , .
The Joint Commission 2013
- The Joint Commission. National Patient Safety Goals. http://www.jointcommission.org/standards_information/npsgs.aspx (accessed 17-10-2013).
- Impact of a pharmacist-facilitated hospital discharge program: a quasi-experimental study. Archives of Internal Medicine 2009;169(21):2003-10. , , , , , .
- World Health Organization. Action on Patient Safety - High 5s. http://www.who.int/patientsafety/implementation/solutions/high5s/en/index.html (accessed 17-10-2013).