- Wiley Online Library will have be unavailable on Saturday 5th December from 10:00-14:00 GMT / 05:00-09:00 EST / 18:00-22:00 SGT for essential maintenance. Apologies for the inconvenience.
- Please log in or register to access this feature.
- 100 years of mortality due to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Australia: the role of tobacco consumption. International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease 2012;16:1699-705. , , , .
- Ipratropium bromide versus long-acting beta-2 agonists for stable chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2006, Issue 3. [DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD006101] , , , , , , et al.
- Anticholinergics in the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Respiration 2002;69:372-9. , , .
- Cholinergic pathways in the lungs and anticholinergic therapy for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Proceedings of the American Thoracic Society 2005;2:297-304. .
- Profile of glycopyrronium for once-daily treatment of moderate-to-severe COPD. International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease 2012;7:729-41. , .
- Tiotropium versus long-acting beta-agonists for stable chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2012, Issue 9. [DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD009157.pub2] , , .
- NVA237 has similar efficacy as tiotropium bromide against methacholine-induced bronchoconstriction and less systemic effect on cardiovascular variables in an anaesthetized rabbit model [Abstract]. European Respiratory Journal 2006;28(Suppl 50):P2544. , , .
- Glycopyrronium bromide blocks differentially responses mediated by muscarinic receptor subtypes. Naunyn-Schmiedeberg's Archives of Pharmacology 1993;347:591-5. , .
- Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease. Global Strategy for the Diagnosis, Management and Prevention of COPD. http://www.goldcopd.org/guidelines-global-strategy-for-diagnosis-management.html (accessed 17 May 2013).
- Atropine and glycopyrronium show similar binding patters to M(2) (cardiac) and M(3) (submandibular-gland) muscarinic receptors subtypes in the rat. British Journal of Anaesthesia 1995;74:549-52. , , .
- Pharmacological characterization of the muscarinic receptor antagonist, glycopyrrolate, in human and guinea-pig airways. British Journal of Pharmacology 1999;127:413-20. , , , , , .
- Global burden of COPD: systematic review and meta-analysis. European Respiratory Journal 2006;28:523-32. , , , , , .
- Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5.1.0 [updated March 2011]. The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011. Available from www.cochrane-handbook.org. , .
- The pathology of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Annual Review of Pathology: Mechanisms of Disease 2009;4:435-59. , .
- New concepts in the pathobiology of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Proceedings of the American Thoracic Society 2008;5:478-85. , , .
- Chronic bronchitis and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2013;187:228-37. , .
- Global and regional mortality from 235 causes of death for 20 age groups in 1990 and 2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010. Lancet 2012;380:2095-128. , , , , , , et al.
- The COPD-X Plan: Australian and New Zealand Guidelines for the management of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease 2012. Version 2.34 November 2012. Lung Foundation Australia and the Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand. Available from www.copdx.org.au/. , , , , , , et al.
- Muscarinic receptors on airway mesenchymal cells: novel findings for an ancient target. Pulmonary Pharmacology & Therapeutics 2013;26:145-55. , , , , , .
- Disability-adjusted life years (DALYs) for 291 diseases and injuries in 21 regions, 1990-2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010. Lancet 2012;380:2197-223. , , , , , , et al.
Review Manager 2013
- The Nordic Cochrane Centre, The Cochrane Collaboration. Review Manager (RevMan). 5.2. Copenhagen: The Nordic Cochrane Centre, The Cochrane Collaboration, 2013.
- Muscarinic M3 receptors mediate contraction of human central and peripheral airway smooth muscle. Pulmonary Pharmacology 1990;3:47-51. , , .
- The Influence of receptor kinetics on the onset and duration of action and the therapeutic index of NVA237 and tiotropium. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 2012;343:520-8. , , , , , , et al.
- The inhaled muscarinic receptor antagonist, glycopyrrolate, has a favorable side effect profile in a Brown Norway rat lung function model when compared with tiotropium. Chest 2007;132(4_MeetingAbstracts):530a. , , , , .
- Safety and tolerability of NVA237, a once-daily long-acting muscarinic antagonist, in COPD patients. Pulmonary Pharmacology & Therapeutics 2011;23:438-44. , , , , , , et al.
- The role of bronchodilator treatment in the prevention of exacerbations of COPD. European Respiratory Journal 2012;40:1545-54. , , .
- Clinically meaningful outcomes in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. American Journal of Medicine Supplements 2004;117(Suppl 12A):49S-59S. , , .