Yoga for women diagnosed with breast cancer
Editorial Group: Cochrane Breast Cancer Group
Published Online: 29 OCT 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Cramer H, Lauche R, Klose P, Lange S, Langhorst J, Dobos GJ. Yoga for women diagnosed with breast cancer (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013, Issue 10. Art. No.: CD010802. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD010802.
- Publication Status: New
- Published Online: 29 OCT 2013
- Effect of Iyengar yoga practice on fatigue and diurnal salivary cortisol concentration in breast cancer survivors. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners 2011;23(3):135-42. [PUBMED: 21355946] , , , , .
- Fatigue in long-term breast carcinoma survivors: a longitudinal investigation. Cancer 2006;106(4):751-8. [PUBMED: 16400678] , , , , , , et al.
- How yoga can wreck your body. The New York Times 5 January 2012. .
- Grading quality of evidence and strength of recommendations in clinical practice guidelines. Part 1 of 3. An overview of the GRADE approach and grading quality of evidence about interventions. Allergy 2009;64(5):669-77. , , , , , , et al.
- Physical and psychosocial benefits of yoga in cancer patients and survivors, a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. BMC Cancer 2012;12:559. [PUBMED: 23181734] , , , , , , et al.
- Inner correspondence and peacefulness with practices among participants in eurythmy therapy and yoga: a validation study. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2011;Article ID 329023:9 pages. [PUBMED: 20953427] , , , , .
- Pathophysiology of hypercortisolism in depression: pituitary and adrenal responses to low glucocorticoid feedback. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica 2012;125(6):478-91. [PUBMED: 22211368] , , , , , .
- Effects of yoga on stress management in healthy adults: A systematic review. Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine 2011;17(1):32-8. [PUBMED: 21614942] , , , , .
- The combination of estimates from different experiments. Biometrics 1954;10(1):101-29. .
- AJCC Cancer Staging Atlas. A Companion to the Seventh Editions of the AJCC Cancer Staging. Manual and Handbook. 2. New York: Springer, 2012. , , , , , .
- Yoga for breast cancer patients and survivors: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC Cancer 2012;12:412. [PUBMED: 22988934] , , , , .
- "I'm more in balance": A qualitative study of yoga for patients with chronic neck pain. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 2013;19(6):536-42. [PUBMED: 23336342] , , , , , .
- Yoga & cancer interventions: a review of the clinical significance of patient reported outcomes for cancer survivors. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2012;Article ID 642576:17 pages. [PUBMED: 23125870] , , , , , .
De Michaelis 2005
- A history of modern yoga: Patanjali and western esotericism. London, UK: Continuum International Publishing Group, 2005. .
- Prevalence and risk factors for insomnia among breast cancer patients on aromatase inhibitors. Supportive Care in Cancer 2013;21(1):43-51. , , , , , , et al.
- Mental depression and kundalini yoga. Ancient Science of Life 1986;6(2):112-8. [PUBMED: 22557558] , , .
- GLOBOCAN 2008 v1.2, Cancer Incidence and Mortality Worldwide: IARC CancerBase No. 10. International Agency for Research on Cancer, 2010. Available from http://globocan.iarc.fr. , , , , , .
- The yoga tradition. Prescott: Hohm Press, 1998. .
- Group vs. individual exercise interventions for women with breast cancer: a meta-analysis. Health Psychology Review 2009;4(1):22-41. [PUBMED: 20607139] , .
- Gender, symptom experience, and use of complementary and alternative medicine practices among cancer survivors in the U.S. cancer population. Oncology Nursing Forum 2010;37(1):E7-E15. [PUBMED: 20044334] , .
Garabeli Cavalli Kluthcovsky 2012
- Fatigue after treatment in breast cancer survivors: prevalence, determinants and impact on health-related quality of life. Supportive Care in Cancer 2012;20(8):1901-9. , , , , , .
- Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5.0.1 [updated March 2011]. The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011. Available from www.cochrane-handbook.org. , .
- The course of anxiety and depression over 5 years of follow-up and risk factors in women with early breast cancer: results from the UK Standardisation of Radiotherapy Trials (START). Breast 2010;19(2):84-91. [PUBMED: 20042336] , , , , .
- Physical activity and survival after breast cancer diagnosis: meta-analysis of published studies. Medical Oncology 2011;28(3):753-65. [PUBMED: 20411366] , .
- Role of GABA in anxiety and depression. Depression and Anxiety 2007;24(7):495-517. [PUBMED: 17117412] , .
- Yoga and quality-of-life improvement in patients with breast cancer: a literature review. International Journal of Yoga Therapy 2012;22:95-9. [PUBMED: 23070679] , .
- Effects of yoga on psychological health, quality of life, and physical health of patients with cancer: a meta-analysis. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2011;Article 659876:12 pages. [PUBMED: 21437197] , , , , .
- What Is Complementary and Alternative Medicine?. Available at: http://nccam.nih.gov/health/whatiscam. 2012. .
- National Institutes of Health state-of-the-science conference statement: symptom management in cancer: pain, depression, and fatigue. Journal of the National Cancer Institute 2003;95(15):1110-7. [PUBMED: 12902440] , , , , , , et al.
- The Nordic Cochrane Centre, The Cochrane Collaboration. Review Manager (RevMan). 5.1. Copenhagen: The Nordic Cochrane Centre, The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011.
- Prevalence and patterns of adult yoga use in the United States: results of a national survey. Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine 2004;10(2):44-9. [PUBMED: 15055093] , , , , .
- Fatigue and quality of life in breast cancer survivors: temporal courses and long-term pattern. Journal of Cancer Survivorship 2012;6(1):11-9. , , , , , .
- An evidence-based review of yoga as a complementary intervention for patients with cancer. Psycho-Oncology 2009;18(5):465-75. [PUBMED: 18821529] , .
- Screening for depression and anxiety in women with breast and gynaecologic cancer: course and prevalence of morbidity over 12 months. Psycho-Oncology 2013;22(9):2071-8. , , , , , .
- Effects of yoga versus walking on mood, anxiety, and brain GABA levels: a randomized controlled MRS study. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 2010;16(11):1145-52. [PUBMED: 20722471] , , , , , , et al.
- Biological aspects of depression. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica. Supplementum 1994;377:11-5. [PUBMED: 7914394] .
Van Onselen 2012
- Identification of distinct subgroups of breast cancer patients based on self-reported changes in sleep disturbance. Supportive Care in Cancer 2012;20(10):2611-9. , , , , , , et al.
- Effects of yoga on psychologic function and quality of life in women with breast cancer: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 2012;18(11):994-1002. [PUBMED: 22909345] , , , .