Interventions to reduce ambient particulate matter air pollution and their effect on health
Editorial Group: Cochrane Public Health Group
Published Online: 15 JAN 2014
Copyright © 2014 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Burns J, Boogaard H, Turley R, Pfadenhauer LM, van Erp AM, Rohwer AC, Rehfuess E. Interventions to reduce ambient particulate matter air pollution and their effect on health (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2014, Issue 1. Art. No.: CD010919. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD010919.
- Publication Status: New
- Published Online: 15 JAN 2014
- Maternal exposure to particulate air pollution and term birth weight: a multi-country evaluation of effect and heterogeneity. Children's Health 2013;121(3):367-73. , , , , , , et al.
- United States Environmental Protection Agency. The benefits and costs of the Clean Air Act 1990 to 2020. EPA 2011.
- Cochrane Effective Practice and Organisation of Care Group. Study designs accepted in EPOC reviews. http://epoc.cochrane.org/epoc-resources (accessed April 17, 2013).
- HEI Accountability Working Group. Assessing health impact of air quality regulations: concepts and methods for accountability research. HEI Communication 11 September 2003.
- Issues relating to study design and risk of bias when including non-randomized studies in systematic reviews on the effects of interventions. Research Synthesis Methods 2013;4:12-25. , , , , , , et al.
- National Particle Component Toxicity (NPACT) initiative: integrated epidemiologic and toxicologic studies of the health effects of particulate matter component. Research Report (Health Effects Institute) 2013;177:5-13. , , , , .
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Methods for the development of NICE public health guidance. Third Edition. NICE, September 2012.
- National Research Council. Estimating the public health benefits of proposed air pollution regulations. National Academy Press 2002.
- The air is always cleaner on the other side: race, space, and ambient air toxics exposures in California. Journal of Urban Affairs 2005;27(2):127-48. , , .
- "Fundamental causes" of social inequalities in mortality: a test of the theory. Journal of Health and Social Behavior 2004;45:268-85. , , , , .
- R Development Core Team. R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing. Vienna, Austria: R Foundation for Statistical Computing, 2011.
- Review of evidence on health aspects of air pollution - REVIHAAP Project. First results. World Health Organization Regional Office for Europe 2013:4-11.
RevMan 2012 [Computer program]
- The Nordic Cochrane Centre, The Cochrane Collaboration. Review Manager (RevMan). Version 5.2. The Nordic Cochrane Centre, The Cochrane Collaboration, 2012.
van Eeden 2005
van Erp 2012
- National Particle Component Toxicity (NPACT) initiative report on cardiovascular effects. Research Report (Health Effects Institute) 2013;178:5-8. , , , , , , et al.
- Air quality guidelines global update 2005. World Health Organization Regional Office for Europe 2006:37-41, 217-75.
- Health relevance of particulate matter from various sources. Report on a WHO workshop, Bonn, Germany, 26-27 March 2007. World Health Organization Regional Office for Europe. WHO Europe, 2007.