Emergency cricothyroidotomy for airway management
Editorial Group: Cochrane Anaesthesia Group
Published Online: 13 JAN 2014
Copyright © 2014 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Andersson ML, Møller AM, Pace NL. Emergency cricothyroidotomy for airway management (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2014, Issue 1. Art. No.: CD010921. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD010921.
- Publication Status: New
- Published Online: 13 JAN 2014
ACS COT 2008
- American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma (ACS COT). Advanced Trauma Life Support® Student Course Manual. 8th Edition. Chicago: American College of Surgeons, 2008.
- Practice guidelines for management of the difficult airway: an updated report by the American Society of Anesthesiologists Task Force on Management of the Difficult Airway. Anesthesiology 2013;118(2):251-70. [PUBMED: 23364566] , , , , , , et al.
- Emergency cricothyrotomy: a randomised crossover trial comparing the wire-guided and catheter-over-needle techniques. Anaesthesia 2004;59(10):1008-11. [PUBMED: 15488061] , , , , .
- Outcomes of emergency surgical airway procedures in a hospital-wide setting. The Laryngoscope 1999;109(11):1766-9. [PUBMED: 10569404] , .
- Outcomes and long term follow-up after emergent cricothyroidotomy: is routine conversion to tracheostomy necessary?. The American Surgeon 2011;77(12):1707-11. [PUBMED: 22273235] , , , , , , et al.
- The formulation and introduction of a 'can't intubate, can't ventilate' algorithm into clinical practice. Anaesthesia 2009;64(6):601-8. [PUBMED: 19453312] , , .
- Difficult Airway Society guidelines for management of the unanticipated difficult intubation. Anaesthesia 2004;59:675-94. [PUBMED: 15200543] , , , .
- Higgins JPT, Green S (editors). Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions. Version 5.1.0 [updated March 2011]. The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011. www.cochrane-handbook.org.
- Issues relating to study design and risk of bias when including non-randomized studies in systematic reviews on the effects of interventions. Research Synthesis Methods 2013;4(1):12-25. [DOI: 10.1002/jrsm.1056] , , , , , , et al.
- A laboratory comparison of emergency percutaneous and surgical cricothyrotomy by prehospital personnel. Prehospital Emergency Care 2004;8(4):424-6. [PUBMED: 15626006] , , , , .
- Issues relating to selective reporting when including non-randomized studies in systematic reviews on the effects of healthcare interventions. Research Synthesis Methods 2013;4(1):36-47. [DOI: 10.1002/jrsm.1062] , , , , , , et al.
- An introduction to methodological issues when including non-randomised studies in systematic reviews on the effects of interventions. Research Synthesis Methods 2013;4(1):1-11. [DOI: 10.1002/jrsm.1068] , , , , , .
- The Nordic Cochrane Centre, The Cochrane Collaboration. Review Manager (RevMan). 5.2. Copenhagen: The Nordic Cochrane Centre, The Cochrane Collaboration, 2012.
- Non-randomized studies as a source of complementary, sequential or replacement evidence for randomized controlled trials in systematic reviews on the effects of interventions. Research Synthesis Methods 2013;4(1):49-62. [DOI: 10.1002/jrsm.1078] , , , , , , et al.
- Initial assessment and treatment with the Airway, Breathing, Circulation, Disability, Exposure (ABCDE) approach. International Journal of General Medicine 2012;5:117-21. [PUBMED: 22319249] , , , , .
- Issues relating to confounding and meta-analysis when including non-randomized studies in systematic reviews on the effects of interventions. Research Synthesis Methods 2013;4(1):26-35. [DOI: 10.1002/jrsm.1064] , .