- Committee on Patient Safety and Quality Improvement, Committee on Professional Liability. ACOG Committee Opinion No. 381: Subclinical hypothyroidism in pregnancy. Obstetrics and Gynecology 2007;110(4):959-60.
- Higher maternal TSH levels in pregnancy are associated with increased risk for miscarriage, fetal or neonatal death. European Journal of Endocrinology 2009;160(6):985-91. , , , , .
- Thyroid disease in pregnancy. Obstetrics and Gynecology 2006;108(5):1283-92. , .
- Thyroid testing during pregnancy at an academic Boston Area Medical Center. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 2011;96(9):1452-6. , , , .
- Screening for maternal thyroid dysfunction in pregnancy: a review of the clinical evidence and current guidelines. Journal of Thyroid Research 2013 May 20 [Epub ahead of print]. , .
- Subclinical thyroid disease. Lancet 2012;379(9821):1142-54. , .
De Groot 2012
- Management of thyroid dysfunction during pregnancy and postpartum: An Endocrine Society Clinical Practice Guideline. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 2012;97(8):2543-65. , , , , , , et al.
- Cost-effectiveness of universal and risk-based screening for autoimmune thyroid disease in pregnant women. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 2012;97(5):1536-46. , , , , , .
- Interventions for hyperthyroidism pre-pregnancy and during pregnancy. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013, Issue 11. [DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD008633.pub2] , , .
- Thyroid peroxidase autoantibodies predict poor metabolic control and need for thyroid treatment in pregnant IDDM women. Diabetes Care 1997;20(10):1524-8. , , , , , .
- Clinical practice guidelines for hypothyroidism in adults: cosponsored by the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists and the American Thyroid Association. Endocrine Practice 2012;18(6):988-1028. , , , , , , et al.
- How should trials recruiting women with multiple pregnancies be analysed?. British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2004;111:213-9. , .
- Maternal thyroid autoimmunity during pregnancy and the risk of attention deficit/hyperactivity problems in children: the Generation R Study. Thyroid 2012;22(2):178-86. , , , , , , et al.
- Impact of mild thyroid hormone deficiency in pregnancy on cognitive function in children: lessons from the Generation R study. Best Practice and Research Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 2014;28(2):221-32. , , .
- Serum TSH determinations in pregnancy: how, when and why?. Nature Reviews. Endocrinology 2010;6(9):526-9. , .
- Positive thyroid peroxidase antibody titer is associated with dysphoric moods during pregnancy and postpartum. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing 2013;42:26-32. , .
- Maternal thyroid deficiency during pregnancy and subsequent neuropsychological development of the child. New England Journal of Medicine 1999;341(8):549-55. , , , , , , et al.
- Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5.1.0 [updated March 2011]. The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011. Available from www.cochrane-handbook.org. , , editors.
- Maternal and infant thyroid disorders and cerebral palsy. Seminars in Perinatology 2008;32(6):438-45. , .
- Universal screening detects two-times more thyroid disorders in early pregnancy than targeted high-risk case finding. European Journal of Endocrinology 2010;163(4):645-50. , , , , , , et al.
- Thyroid dysfunction and autoantibodies in early pregnancy are associated with increased risk of gestational diabetes and adverse birth outcomes. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 2012;97(12):4464-72. , , , , , , et al.
- Thyroid disorders in pregnancy. Metabolism Clinics of North America 2011;40(4):739-63. , .
Le Beau 2006
- Thyroid disorders during pregnancy. Endocrinology and Metabolism Clinics of North America 2006;35(1):117-36. , .
- Abnormalities of maternal thyroid function during pregnancy affect neuropsychological development of their children at 25-30 months. Clinical Endocrinology 2010;72(6):825-9. , , , , , , et al.
- The sequelae of untreated maternal hypothyroidism. European Journal of Endocrinology 2004;151:45-8. , .
- Is neuropsychological development related to maternal hypothyroidism or to maternal hypothyroxinemia?. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 2000;85:3975-87. , , .
- Thyroid disease in pregnancy. Best Practice and Research Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 2011;25(6):927-43. , .
- Thyroid autoantibodies, preterm birth and miscarriage. BMJ 2011;342:d2260. , .
- UK National Screening Committee. What is screening? UK Screening Portal. http://www.screening.nhs.uk/screening Accessed 20 November 2013.
- Low maternal free thyroxine concentrations during early pregnancy are associated with impaired psychomotor development in infancy. Clinical Endocrinology 1999;50(2):149-55. , , , , , , et al.
- Maternal hypothyroxinaemia during early pregnancy and subsequent child development: a 3-year follow-up study. Clinical Endocrinology 2003;59(3):282-8. , , , , , .
- Interventions for clinical and subclinical hypothyroidism pre-pregnancy and during pregnancy. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013, Issue 5. [DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD007752.pub3] , , , , .
- The Nordic Cochrane Centre, The Cochrane Collaboration. Review Manager (RevMan). 5.3. Copenhagen: The Nordic Cochrane Centre, The Cochrane Collaboration, 2014.
- Subacute, silent, and postpartum thyroiditis. Medical Clinics of North America 2012;96:223-33. .
- Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine (SMFM), . Screening for thyroid disease during pregnancy. Contemporary Ob/Gyn 2012;57(8):45-7.
- Postpartum thyroiditis. Best Practice and Research Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 2004;18(2):303-16. .
- Guidelines of the American Thyroid Association for the diagnosis and management of thyroid disease during pregnancy and postpartum. Thyroid 2011;21(10):1081–125. , , , , , , et al.
- Thyroid disorders in pregnancy. Nature Reviews Endocrinology 2012;8(11):650-8. , .
- Association between thyroid autoantibodies and miscarriage and preterm birth: meta-analysis of evidence. BMJ 2011;342:d2616. , , , , , .
- The cost-effectiveness of universal screening in pregnancy for subclinical hypothyroidism. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2009;200(3):267.e1-7. , , .
- Detection of thyroid dysfunction in early pregnancy: Universal screening or targeted high-risk case finding?. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 2007;92(1):203-7. , , , , , , et al.
van den Boogaard 2011
- Significance of (sub)clinical thyroid dysfunction and thyroid autoimmunity before conception and in early pregnancy: a systematic review. Human Reproduction Update 2011;17(5):605-19. , , , , , , et al.
- Treatment of thyroid disorders before conception and in early pregnancy: a systematic review. Human Reproduction Update 2012;18(4):360-73. , , , , , , et al.