Hillard Kaplan is Professor at the University of New Mexico. His recent research and publications have focused on integration of life history theory in biology and human capital theory in economics, with specific emphases on fertility, parental investment, and aging in developed, developing, and traditional settings. He has also conducted fieldwork with native South Americans and southern Africans.
A theory of human life history evolution: Diet, intelligence, and longevity
Article first published online: 16 AUG 2000
Copyright © 2000 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Evolutionary Anthropology: Issues, News, and Reviews
Volume 9, Issue 4, pages 156–185, 2000
How to Cite
Kaplan, H., Hill, K., Lancaster, J. and Hurtado, A. M. (2000), A theory of human life history evolution: Diet, intelligence, and longevity. Evol. Anthropol., 9: 156–185. doi: 10.1002/1520-6505(2000)9:4<156::AID-EVAN5>3.0.CO;2-7
- Issue published online: 16 AUG 2000
- Article first published online: 16 AUG 2000
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!