Chapter 1. Introduction
Published Online: 27 APR 2007
Copyright © 2007 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Quality of Life: The Assessment, Analysis and Interpretation of Patient-Reported Outcomes, Second edition
How to Cite
Fayers, P. M. and Machin, D. (2007) Introduction, in Quality of Life: The Assessment, Analysis and Interpretation of Patient-Reported Outcomes, Second edition, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, Chichester, UK. doi: 10.1002/9780470024522.ch1
- Published Online: 27 APR 2007
- Published Print: 2 MAR 2007
Print ISBN: 9780470024508
Online ISBN: 9780470024522
- randomised controlled trial (RCT);
- health-related quality of life (HRQoL or HRQL);
- Quality of life (QoL);
- LASA approach or visual analogue scale (VAS);
- QoL instruments;
- measuring quality of life;
- Schedule for Evaluation of Individual Quality of Life (SEIQoL);
- Patient Generated Index (PGI);
- disease-specific questionnaires
This chapter contains sections titled:
What is quality of life?
Why measure quality of life?
Which clinical trials should assess quality of life?
How to measure quality of life