Software Aging and Rejuvenation
Published Online: 14 DEC 2007
Copyright © 2007 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Wiley Encyclopedia of Computer Science and Engineering
How to Cite
Trivedi, K. S. and Vaidyanathan, K. 2007. Software Aging and Rejuvenation. Wiley Encyclopedia of Computer Science and Engineering. .
- Published Online: 14 DEC 2007
- 1High-availability computer systems, IEEE Computer, 1991, pp. 39–48.and ,
- 2Software defects and their impact on system availability – A study of field failures in operating systems, Proc. 21st IEEE Int'l. Symposium on Fault-Tolerant Computing, 1991, pp. 2–9.and ,
- 3A methodology for detection and estimation of software aging, Proc. of 9th Int'l. Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering, Paderborn, Germany, 1998, pp. 282–292., , , and ,
- 7Available: http://www.software-rejuvenation.com.
- 9Text of Seminar Delivered by Mr. Bernstein. University Learning Center, George Mason University, January 29, 1996.,
- 10Monitoring Smoothly Degrading Systems for Increased Dependability. Empirical Software Eng. J., 2(1): 59–77, 1997.and ,
- 11On-board preventive maintenance: Analysis of effectiveness and optimal duty period, 3rd Int'l. Workshop on Object Oriented Real-time Dependable Systems, Newport Beach, CA, 1997., , , and ,
- 12Software Rejuvenation. CrossTalk – J. Defense Software Eng., August 2004.and ,
- 15IBM Netfinity Director Software Rejuvenation – White Paper, Research Triangle Park, NC: IBM Corp., Jan. 2001.
- 16Analysis and implementation of software rejuvenation in cluster systems, Proc. of the Joint Int'l. Conference on Measurement and Modeling of Computer Systems, ACM SIGMETRICS 2001/Performance 2001, Cambridge, MA, 2001., , , and ,
- 17Software rejuvenation policies for cluster systems under varying workload, Proc. of Tenth Int'l. Pacific Rim Dependable Computing Symp., PRDC 2004, Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia, 2004., , and ,
- 19An approach to estimation of software aging in a web server, Proc. of the Int'l. Symp. on Empirical Software Engineering, ISESE 2002, Nara, Japan, 2002., , and ,
- 20Available: http://www.apache.org.
- 21Advanced pattern recognition for detection of complex software aging in online transaction processing servers, Proc. of DSN 2002, Washington D.C., 2002., , and ,
- 22Rejuvenation and failure detection in partitionable systems, Proc. of the Pacific Rim Int'l. Symposium on Dependable Computing, PRDC 2001, Seoul, South Korea, 2001.and ,
- 23Modeling and analysis of software rejuvenation in cable modem termination system, Proc. of the Int'l. Symp. on Software Reliability Engineering, ISSRE 2002, Annapolis, MD, 2002., , , , and ,
- 24Premptive module replacement using the virtualizing operating system, Proc. of the Workshop on Self-Healing, Adaptive and Self-Managed Systems, SHAMAN 2002, New York, NY, 2002.and ,
- 25Closed loop design for software rejuvenation, Proc. of the Workshop on Self-Healing, Adaptive and Self-Managed Systems, SHAMAN 2002, New York, NY, 2002., , , and ,
- 26Microreboot, A technique for cheap recovery, Proc. 6th Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI), San Francisco, CA, 2004., , , , and ,
- 27Analysis of software rejuvenation using markov regenerative stochastic petri net, Proc. of the Sixth Int'l. Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering, Toulouse, France, 1995, pp. 180–187., , and ,
- 28Time and load based software rejuvenation: Policy, evaluation and optimality, Proc. of the First Fault-Tolerant Symposium, Madras, India, 1995., , , and ,
- 29Minimizing completion time of a program by checkpointing and rejuvenation, Proc. 1996 ACM SIGMETRICS Conference, Philadelphia, PA, 1996, pp. 252–261., , , and ,
- 33Analysis of software cost models with rejuvenation, Proc. of the 5th IEEE International Symposium on High Assurance Systems Engineering, HASE 2000, Albuquerque, NM, 2000., , and ,
- 34Statistical Non-Parametric Algorithms to Estimate the Optimal Software Rejuvenation Schedule, Proc. of the 2000 Pacific Rim International Symposium on Dependable Computing, PRDC 2000, Los Angeles, CA, 2000., , and ,
- 35Probability and Statistics, with Reliability, Queuing and Computer Science Applications, 2nd ed., New York: Wiley, 2001.,
- 36SPNP: Stochastic Petri Net Package. Version 6.0. et al. (eds.), TOOLS 2000, Lecture notes in computer science 1786, Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag, 2000, pp. 354–357., , and ,
- 37A measurement-based model for estimation of resource exhaustion in operational software systems, Proc. of the Tenth IEEE Int'l. Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering, Boca Raton, Florida, 1999, pp. 84–93.and ,
- 38A comprehensive model for software rejuvenation, IEEE Trans. on Dependable and Secure Computing, Apr. 2005 (in press).and ,
- 40Time Series Analysis and Its Applications, New York: Springer-Verlag, 2000.and ,