36. Aligning Technological and Organizational Change
- Gavriel Salvendy Ph.D. professor founding editor founding chair member scientist Honorary Doctrate Fellow
Published Online: 5 DEC 2007
Copyright © 2001 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Handbook of Industrial Engineering: Technology and Operations Management, Third Edition
How to Cite
Majchrzak, A. and Meshkati, N. (2001) Aligning Technological and Organizational Change, in Handbook of Industrial Engineering: Technology and Operations Management, Third Edition (ed G. Salvendy), John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ, USA. doi: 10.1002/9780470172339.ch36
School of Industrial Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
- Published Online: 5 DEC 2007
- Published Print: 11 MAY 2001
Print ISBN: 9780471330578
Online ISBN: 9780470172339
- computer-automated manufacturing (CAM) and computer-integrated manufacturing (CIM);
- technology alignment with organization;
- culture role in alignment;
- technology, organizational, and people (TOP);
- customer relationship management (CRM) integration
This chapter contains sections titled:
Why the Topic is Critical to Industrial Engineers
What are the Stumbling Blocks to Alignment?
How Can Technology Planners Pursue Alignment Despite these Difficulties?