Fire Department Deployment And Service Analysis
Published Online: 15 JUN 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Inc. All rights reserved.
Wiley Encyclopedia of Operations Research and Management Science
How to Cite
Hall, J. R. 2010. Fire Department Deployment And Service Analysis. Wiley Encyclopedia of Operations Research and Management Science. .
- Published Online: 15 JUN 2010
Within the OR community, issues of fire department deployment are analyzed using modified queueing and facility location models, based on the competition between time lines for department response and fire development. Within the fire service community, analysis, as part of certification protocols, uses planning models that are less quantitative but could be useful if combined with the OR approaches.
- firehouse site evaluation model (FSEM);
- grading schedule for municipal fire protection;
- facility location models;
- exponentially distributed service times;
- queueing models;
- commission on fire accreditation international (CFAI);
- US fire administration (USFA);
- standards of response coverage;
- Poisson probability distributions