2. What Is a Food?
Published Online: 14 MAY 2008
Copyright © 2009 by Neal D. Fortin.
Food Regulation: Law, Science, Policy, and Practice
How to Cite
Fortin, N. D. (2007) What Is a Food?, in Food Regulation: Law, Science, Policy, and Practice, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ, USA. doi: 10.1002/9780470409695.ch2
- Published Online: 14 MAY 2008
- Published Print: 14 JAN 2007
Print ISBN: 9780470127094
Online ISBN: 9780470409695
- Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD & C Act);
- food and drug definitions and central role of intended use;
- structure-function claims and drug claims
This chapter contains sections titled:
Introduction to the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act
What Makes an Article a Food or a Drug?
The Central Role of Intended Use