Adolescents’ Relationships with Siblings
Published Online: 30 OCT 2009
Copyright © 2009 John Wiley & Sons, Inc. All rights reserved.
Handbook of Adolescent Psychology
How to Cite
East, P. L. 2009. Adolescents’ Relationships with Siblings. Handbook of Adolescent Psychology.
- Published Online: 30 OCT 2009
- 1 Theories Pertaining to Sibling Relationships
- 2 The Developmental Course of Sibling Relationships
- 3 Influences on the Sibling Relationship
- 4 Sibling Influences on Adolescent Development and Adjustment
- 5 Why Siblings Within the Same Family are so Different
- 6 Siblings From Diverse Family, Cultural, and Socioeconomic Backgrounds
- 7 Conclusions
Keywords: siblings ; sibling relationships; temperament; parenting; sibling conflict; social support; delinquency; antisocial behavior; drug use during adolescence; alcohol use during adolescence; adolescent sexual behavior; teenage pregnancy; parents' differential treatment; sibling de-identification