Published Online: 30 JAN 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Inc. All rights reserved.
Corsini Encyclopedia of Psychology
How to Cite
Spring, B. and Hitchcock, K. 2010. Evidence-Based Practice. Corsini Encyclopedia of Psychology. 1–4.
- Published Online: 30 JAN 2010
- 2003) Evidence-based public health. Oxford, England: Oxford University Press. , , , & (
- 2001). Empirically supported psychological interventions: Controversies and evidence. Annual Review of Psychology, 52, 685–716. , & (
- 1972). Effectiveness and efficiency: Random reflections on health services. London: Nuffield Hospitals Trust. (
- Council for Training in Evidence-Based Behavioral Practice. (2008, March). Definition and competencies for evidence-based behavioral practice. Retrieved September 19, 2008, from http://www.ebbp.org./Competencies.html.
- 2002). The evidence-based practice manual for nurses. London: Churchill Livingstone. , & (
- Evidence-Based Medicine Working Group. (1992). Evidence-based medicine: A new approach to teaching the practice of medicine. Journal of the American Medical Association, 268, 2420–2425.
- 2008). Can global guidelines change health policy? Nature Clinical Practice Gastroenterology & Hepatology, 5, 120–121. , , , , , , et al. (
- 2003). Evidence-based practice for the helping professions. Pacific Grove, CA: Brooks/Cole–Thomson Learning. (
- Greiner, A. C., & Knebel, E. (Eds.). (2003). Health professions education: A bridge to quality (Institute of Medicine Quality Chasm series). Washington, DC: National Academies Press.
- Institute of Medicine. (2001). Crossing the quality chasm: A new health system for the 21st century. Washington, DC: National Academy of Science Press.
- 2008). The next step in guideline development: Incorporating patient preferences. Journal of the American Medical Association, 300(4), 436–438. , & (
- 2007). Evidence-based practice in psychology: Perceptions of graduate students in scientist–practitioner programs. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 63(7), 643–655. , , , , & (
- National Cancer Institute. (2006). Using what works: Adapting evidence-based programs to fit your needs. USDHHS, NIH Publication No. 06-5874. Washington, DC: Author.
- 2007). Barriers and facilitators of evidence-based practice perceived by behavioral science health professionals. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 63(7), 695–705. , , , , , & (
- 1996). Evidence-based medicine: What it is and what it isn't. British Medical Journal, 312, 71–72. , , , , & (
- 2003). The importance of patient preferences in treatment decisions: Challenges for doctors. British Medical Journal, 327, 542–545. , & (
- 2007). Evidence-based practice in clinical psychology: What it is; why it matters; what you need to know. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 63(7), 611–631. (
- Health decision-making: Lynchpin of evidence-based practice. Medical Decision Making. (in press).
- 2005). Invitation to a dialogue between researchers and clinicians about evidence-based behavioral medicine. Annals of Behavioral Medicine, 30(2), 125–137. , , , , , , et al. (