35. Surviving Layoffs, Corporate Takeovers, Mergers, Shutdowns, and Reductions in Work Force
Published Online: 30 APR 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The Engineer's Career Guide
How to Cite
Hoschette, J. A. (2010) Surviving Layoffs, Corporate Takeovers, Mergers, Shutdowns, and Reductions in Work Force, in The Engineer's Career Guide, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ, USA. doi: 10.1002/9780470530177.ch35
- Published Online: 30 APR 2010
- Published Print: 24 MAR 2010
Print ISBN: 9780470503508
Online ISBN: 9780470530177
- understanding and surviving layoffs and shutdowns;
- determining risks involved in losing job;
- minimizing chances for layoff
This chapter contains sections titled:
Understanding What Happens During Takeovers, Mergers, Shutdowns, and Workforce Reductions
Are You at Risk of Losing Your Job?
Minimizing Your Chances for Layoff
Making Backup Plans Just in Case You Lose Your Job
What To Do if You Decide to Leave the Company
Laid Off, What's Next?
Protecting Yourself While Job Searching
Assignments and Discussion Topics