14. The TRPV1 Channel in Normal Thermoregulation: What Have We Learned from Experiments Using Different Tools?
- Arthur Gomtsyan and
- Connie R. Faltynek
Published Online: 22 FEB 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Vanilloid Receptor TRPV1 in Drug Discovery: Targeting Pain and Other Pathological Disorders
How to Cite
Garami, A., Almeida, M. C., Nucci, T. B., Hew-Butler, T., Soriano, R. N., Pakai, E., Nakamura, K., Morrison, S. F. and Romanovsky, A. A. (2010) The TRPV1 Channel in Normal Thermoregulation: What Have We Learned from Experiments Using Different Tools?, in Vanilloid Receptor TRPV1 in Drug Discovery: Targeting Pain and Other Pathological Disorders (eds A. Gomtsyan and C. R. Faltynek), John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ, USA. doi: 10.1002/9780470588284.ch14
Neuroscience Research, Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, IL, USA
- Published Online: 22 FEB 2010
- Published Print: 12 FEB 2010
Print ISBN: 9780470175576
Online ISBN: 9780470588284
- role for TRPV1 in other physiological processes besides pain transmission;
- TRPV1 channel in normal thermoregulation;
- TRPV1 antagonists as novel drugs in pain management - implications for drug development
This chapter contains sections titled:
How is deep Tb Regulated?
Distribution of TRPV1 Channels
Implications for Drug Development
The Roles of TRPV1 Channels in Thermoregulation: Overall Conclusions
Note Added in Proof