Published Online: 15 SEP 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Inc. All rights reserved.
Comprehensive Organic Name Reactions and Reagents
How to Cite
2010. Newman-Kwart Rearrangement. Comprehensive Organic Name Reactions and Reagents. 460:2046–2048.
- Published Online: 15 SEP 2010
Choose one or more boxes to highlight terms.
The thermal transformation of N,N-dialkyl O-arylthiocarbamate into N,N-dialkyl S-arylcarbamate is generally referred to as the Newman–Kwart rearrangement. The study finds that the ortho-substituent in the migrating aromatic ring may enhance the rearrangement rate. This reaction is useful in preparing thio-analogs of binaphthol and 1,4-dithiophenol derivatives.
- steric acceleration due to hindered rotation (SAHR);
- N,N-dialkyl O-arylthiocarbamate;
- N,N-dialkyl S-arylcarbamate;
- O-binaphthol thiocarbamate