Croatto, José Severino (1930–2004)
Published Online: 25 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.
The Encyclopedia of Christian Civilization
How to Cite
García, A. L. 2011. Croatto, José Severino (1930–2004). The Encyclopedia of Christian Civilization. .
- Published Online: 25 NOV 2011
Born on March 19, 1930 in Sampacho, Cordoba, Argentina, he is respected worldwide as a Roman Catholic scholar, author, and professor. Croatto made significant contributions in the fields of biblical exegesis and Latin American biblical hermeneutics and played a vital role in the Movimiento de Lectura Popular de la Biblia, a popular education movement for training lay people in biblical interpretation. He helped, therefore, to provide interpretative tools to the important Comunidades de Base in Latin America.
- Croatto, José Severino (1930–2004);
- Roman Catholic scholar, author, and professor;
- comparative religions;
- firmly committed to cause of peace and justice;
- theological contribution;
- creative recommendations, in rereading Genesis