Gordon, George Angier (1853–1929)
Published Online: 25 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.
The Encyclopedia of Christian Civilization
How to Cite
Kemeny, P. C. 2011. Gordon, George Angier (1853–1929). The Encyclopedia of Christian Civilization. .
- Published Online: 25 NOV 2011
George Angier Gordon, Congregationalist minister and liberal Protestant theologian, was born to George and Catherine Gordon on the estate of Pitodrie, in Oyne parish, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, where his father worked as an overseer. At the age of 18, Gordon emigrated to Boston, Massachusetts.
- gordon, george angier (1853–1929);
- congregationalist, liberal protestant theologian;
- gordon, defender of 19th century morality;
- gordon, call to prestigious old south (congregational);
- copley square, boston,.as pastor;
- expressing, christian faith in modern terms;
- three key convictions, heart of protestant modernism;
- suppression of vice