Graham, Billy (b. 1918)
Published Online: 25 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.
The Encyclopedia of Christian Civilization
How to Cite
Williams, W. 2011. Graham, Billy (b. 1918). The Encyclopedia of Christian Civilization. .
- Published Online: 25 NOV 2011
Evangelist and Southern Baptist minister, William Franklin “Billy” Graham has preached in person to more people than anyone else in history. Born near Charlotte, North Carolina, Graham enjoyed a rural childhood on a dairy farm, with his religious interests developing only after his conversion at a 1934 revival led by Mordecai Ham. In 1939 he became an ordained Southern Baptist minister. He graduated from Florida Bible Institute and later Wheaton College, marrying fellow Wheaton student Ruth McCue Bell, the daughter of medical missionaries to China.
- graham, billy (b. 1918);
- evangelist and southern baptist minister;
- billy graham evangelistic association (bgea);
- graham, and his 1954 Crusade in london;
- graham's messages, earnestness and power of preaching