Mullins, E. Y. (1860–1928)
Published Online: 25 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.
The Encyclopedia of Christian Civilization
How to Cite
Dockery, D. S. 2011. Mullins, E. Y. (1860–1928). The Encyclopedia of Christian Civilization.
- Published Online: 25 NOV 2011
Edgar Young Mullins was born in Franklin County, Mississippi on January 5, 1860. His father was a farmer, teacher, and a Baptist minister. His parents dedicated him to the Christian ministry when he was a child, a commitment about which the son was told for the first time on his thirty-fifth birthday, after he had served as a minister for a decade.
- Mullins, E. Y. (1860–1928);
- paradigmatic shift, in southern baptist theology;
- emphasis on experience, the best of pietism;
- Mullins's theological development, one of method than of content;
- “the duties and dangers of this present hour”