Bacteriocins and bacteriophages
General Basic Characteristics
Published Online: 15 MAR 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. All rights reserved.
Topley and Wilson's Microbiology and Microbial Infections
How to Cite
Day, M. 2010. Bacteriocins and bacteriophages. Topley and Wilson's Microbiology and Microbial Infections. .
- Published Online: 15 MAR 2010
- bacteriocins and bacteriophages;
- bacteriocins-proteins to kill or inhibit competing strains;
- membrane potential destruction;
- protein synthesis inhibition;
- bacteriophages (phages)-viruses in bacterial cells and biosynthetic systems for reproduction;
- single-stranded RNA phages;
- phage role in natural bacterial populations;
- bacteriocins and bacteriophages-affecting growth and biochemical relationships