Organisms and Their Biology
Published Online: 15 MAR 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. All rights reserved.
Topley and Wilson's Microbiology and Microbial Infections
How to Cite
Schlech, W. F. 2010. Erysipelothrix. Topley and Wilson's Microbiology and Microbial Infections. .
- Published Online: 15 MAR 2010
- 1The organism
- 2The Disease
- swine erysipelas-common infection in animals;
- human infection with Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae-incidental zoonotic infection of man;
- Erysipelothrix spp.-facultatively anaerobic;
- neuraminidase activity-higher in virulent than in avirulent strains;
- cutaneous erysipeloid resolving spontaneously;
- prosthetic valve endocarditis and valve replacement for cures;
- erysipelas vaccine using live attenuated organisms-for immunizing proteins against veterinary infection