Published Online: 15 MAR 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. All rights reserved.
Topley and Wilson's Microbiology and Microbial Infections
How to Cite
Askonas, B. A. 2010. Introduction. Topley and Wilson's Microbiology and Microbial Infections. .
- Published Online: 15 MAR 2010
- mmunology volume in Topley & Wilson's Microbiology and Microbial Infections;
- adaptive immunity-highly complex and intricate network of interactions between cell types;
- excessive levels of immune responses and cytokines resulting in serious immunopathology;
- immune system understanding-extensive progress in recent decades;
- interdisciplinary research activities-molecular and cellular biology, protein chemistry, regulation of gene expression, membrane biology;
- innate and adaptive (or acquired) immune responsiveness;
- activation of adaptive responses with specificity for challenging antigen(s);
- recent approaches in developing new vaccines