Innate Immunity and Infection
Published Online: 15 MAR 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. All rights reserved.
Topley and Wilson's Microbiology and Microbial Infections
How to Cite
Galmiche, A. and Zychlinsky, A. 2010. Apoptosis. Topley and Wilson's Microbiology and Microbial Infections. .
- Published Online: 15 MAR 2010
- 2The Induction of Apoptosis: Extrinsic Versus Intrinsic Pathways
- 5Basic Cellular Mechanisms and Regulation
- 6What Happens After Death?
- 7Bacterial-Induced Apoptosis
- induction of apoptosis-extrinsic versus intrinsic pathways;
- multicellular organisms-cells often dying by apoptosis;
- pro-survival members of Bcl-2 family;
- mitochondrial outer membrane (MOM)-permeable to solutes of small size;
- pro-apoptotic members of Bcl-2 family;
- proteolytic cleavage between constitutive domains;
- basic cellular mechanisms and regulation;
- bacterial pathogens-inducing apoptosis by variety of mechanisms