Mycoserology and Molecular Diagnosis
Background and Basic Information
Published Online: 15 MAR 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. All rights reserved.
Topley and Wilson's Microbiology and Microbial Infections
How to Cite
Matthews, R. and Burnie, J. P. 2010. Mycoserology and Molecular Diagnosis. Topley and Wilson's Microbiology and Microbial Infections. .
- Published Online: 15 MAR 2010
- mycoserology and molecular diagnosis;
- application of serology and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) in systemic fungal infection diagnosis;
- clinical diagnosis of invasive candidiasis-hampered by lack of specific features;
- assessment of serodiagnostic tests for systemic fungal infections;
- Cand-Tec latex agglutination assay;
- key to understanding serodiagnosis of infection with Aspergillus spp;
- allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis;
- systemic mycosis, caused by dimorphic fungus Coccidioides immitis