Betaherpesviruses: Cytomegalovirus, Human Herpesviruses 6 and 7
Specific Viruses and Viral Infections
Published Online: 15 MAR 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. All rights reserved.
Topley and Wilson's Microbiology and Microbial Infections
How to Cite
Britt, W. J. 2010. Betaherpesviruses: Cytomegalovirus, Human Herpesviruses 6 and 7. Topley and Wilson's Microbiology and Microbial Infections. .
- Published Online: 15 MAR 2010
- 2Human Herpesviruses 6 and 7
- betaherpesviruses-cytomegalovirus, human herpesviruses 6 and 7;
- patients at risk for acute CMV disease-newborn infants infected in utero, patients with AIDS;
- risk factors for infection-organ transplantation from infected donor into CMV non-immune host, significant immunosuppression;
- polymerase chain reaction (PCR);
- interferon (IFN)-γ-having significant antiviral activity;
- antiviral therapy;
- ganciclovir-nucleoside analogue inhibiting chain elongation