Reoviruses, Orbiviruses, and Coltiviruses
Specific Viruses and Viral Infections
Published Online: 15 MAR 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. All rights reserved.
Topley and Wilson's Microbiology and Microbial Infections
How to Cite
Dermody, T. S. and Desselberger, U. 2010. Reoviruses, Orbiviruses, and Coltiviruses. Topley and Wilson's Microbiology and Microbial Infections. .
- Published Online: 15 MAR 2010
- 1Introduction and General Classification
- reoviruses, orbiviruses, and coltiviruses;
- reoviridae family, ten genera-orthoreovirus, rotavirus, orbivirus, coltivirus infecting insects, rodents, and humans, aquareovirus;
- reovirus replication cycle-entirely cytoplasmic;
- single-stranded RNA (ssRNA);
- apoptosis induced by reovirus infection;
- pathogenesis-the mouse model;
- polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE);