Chapter 11. Investigating and Dealing with Publication and Other Biases
- Matthias Egger1,
- George Davey Smith2 and
- Douglas G Altman3
Published Online: 17 MAR 2008
Copyright © 2001 BMJ Publishing Group
Systematic Reviews in Health Care: Meta-Analysis in Context, Second Edition
How to Cite
Sterne, J. A. C., Egger, M. and Smith, G. D. (2008) Investigating and Dealing with Publication and Other Biases, in Systematic Reviews in Health Care: Meta-Analysis in Context, Second Edition (eds M. Egger, G. D. Smith and D. G. Altman), BMJ Publishing Group, London, UK. doi: 10.1002/9780470693926.ch11
Senior Lecturer in Epidemiology and Public Health Medicine, Division of Health Services, Research and MRC Health Services Research Collaboration, Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol, UK
Professor of Clinical Epidemiology, Division of Epidemiology and MRC Health Services Research Collaboration, Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol, UK
Professor of Statistics in Medicine, ICRF Medical Statistics, Group, Centre for Statistics in Medicine, Institute of Health Sciences, University of Oxford, UK
- Published Online: 17 MAR 2008
- Published Print: 1 JAN 2001
Print ISBN: 9780727914880
Online ISBN: 9780470693926
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Chapter for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!