Chapter 10. Non-Invasive Ventilation
- Laura Blackler RN, BSc, MSc2,
- Christine Jones RN, Clinical Nurse Specialist — Respiratory3 and
- Caroline Mooney RN, Community Nurse Specialist — Respiratory4
Published Online: 15 APR 2008
Copyright © 2007 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Managing Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
How to Cite
Mathieson, T. (2008) Non-Invasive Ventilation, in Managing Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (eds L. Blackler, C. Jones and C. Mooney), John Wiley & Sons Ltd, West Sussex, England. doi: 10.1002/9780470697603.ch10
Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital, London
King's College Hospital, London
Luton Treatment Centre, Luton
- Published Online: 15 APR 2008
- Published Print: 1 JAN 2007
Print ISBN: 9780470027189
Online ISBN: 9780470697603
- non-invasive ventilation (NIV);
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- medical therapy;
- medical management
This chapter contains section titled:
What is NIV?
How Does NIV Work?
Why Use NIV?
Ceiling of Treatment
Contra-Indications to NIV
Where Should NIV be Used?
Establishing Patients on NIV