I am grateful for comments from Max Taylor on an earlier draft of this paper.
Chapter 15. Disengaging from Terrorism†
- David Canter Professor
Published Online: 17 DEC 2009
Copyright © 2009 John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
The Faces of Terrorism: Multidisciplinary Perspectives
How to Cite
Horgan, J. (2010) Disengaging from Terrorism, in The Faces of Terrorism: Multidisciplinary Perspectives (ed D. Canter), Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford, UK. doi: 10.1002/9780470744499.ch15
University of Huddersfield, UK
This paper is developed from some earlier work, specifically arguments presented in J. Horgan, ‘Leaving Terrorism Behind’, in A. Silke (Ed.), Terrorists, victims, society (London: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., 2003), and J. Horgan, The psychology of terrorism (London: Routledge, 2005a). This chapter also serves as a preliminary discussion point for a Research Fellowship project on disengagement, sponsored by the Airey Neave Trust in mid - 2006, which the author has recently begun in order to test the hypotheses developed in these discussions. The results of this research will be published in J. Horgan (2009), Walking Away from Terrorism: Accounts of Disengagement from Radical and Extremist Movements, London: Routledge.
- Published Online: 17 DEC 2009
- Published Print: 15 FEB 2010
Print ISBN: 9780470753804
Online ISBN: 9780470744499
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Chapter for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!