Chapter 10. Mobility and ICT
- Paul Warren Theoretical Physics, MSc in Electronics Project Director,
- Dr John Davies chairman Fellow Chartered Engineer Group Technical Advisor and
- David Brown BSc in Mathematics, MSc in Economics Head systems engineer Sloan Fellowship
Published Online: 8 APR 2008
Copyright © 2008 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
ICT Futures: Delivering Pervasive, Real-Time and Secure Services
How to Cite
Dennis, R. and Wisely, D. (2008) Mobility and ICT, in ICT Futures: Delivering Pervasive, Real-Time and Secure Services (eds P. Warren, J. Davies and D. Brown), John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, Chichester, UK. doi: 10.1002/9780470758656.ch10
- Published Online: 8 APR 2008
- Published Print: 11 APR 2008
Print ISBN: 9780470997703
Online ISBN: 9780470758656
- mobility concept and mobile ICT solutions;
- key challenges and future ICT solutions;
- cellular mobile - main mobile ICT driver;
- fourth generation (4G) mobile;
- wireless application protocol (WAP);
- 4G and ‘4G service set’;
- ‘work–life’ balance - unmet user need;
- 4G wireless and mobile ICT
This chapter contains sections titled:
Staircase to Success?
Achieving the Foundations
Building Out of Connectivity
Authentication – Do You Have the Key?
Identification – Who or What Are You
Entitlement – What Can I Allow?
Trust – How Do We Maintain This Relationship?
Design for Trust
Virtual Worlds and Second Earth
Heaven or Hell?