Chapter 6. Capital
Published Online: 30 AUG 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Engineering Money: Financial Fundamentals for Engineers
How to Cite
Hill, R. and Solt, G. (2010) Capital, in Engineering Money: Financial Fundamentals for Engineers, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ, USA. doi: 10.1002/9780470768570.ch6
- Published Online: 30 AUG 2010
- Published Print: 1 SEP 2010
Print ISBN: 9780470546017
Online ISBN: 9780470768570
- capital, accumulated sum of money - a long-term benefit, money spent on anything else being current expenditure;
- raising capital by selling shares;
- amount of working capital - limited turnover, which any company can sustain
This chapter contains sections titled:
What is it?
What's it for?
Where does it come from?
Raising Capital by Selling Shares
Increasing the Share Capital
Getting Capital from Loans