3.6. The Roles of Maps, from Some Truth with Maps: A Primer on Symbolization and Design
- Martin Dodge1,
- Rob Kitchin2,
- Chris Perkins1
Published Online: 24 APR 2011
Copyright © 2011 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
The Map Reader: Theories of Mapping Practice and Cartographic Representation
How to Cite
MacEachren, A. M. (2011) The Roles of Maps, from Some Truth with Maps: A Primer on Symbolization and Design, in The Map Reader: Theories of Mapping Practice and Cartographic Representation (eds M. Dodge, R. Kitchin and C. Perkins), John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, Chichester, UK. doi: 10.1002/9780470979587.ch32
Department of Geography, School of Environment and Development, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK
National Institute for Regional and Spatial Analysis and Department of Geography, National University of Ireland, Maynooth, Co. Kildare, Ireland
- Published Online: 24 APR 2011
- Published Print: 15 APR 2011
Print ISBN: 9780470742839
Online ISBN: 9780470979587
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Chapter for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!