11. Bearing the Marks
How Tattoos Reveal Our Embodied Freedom
- Robert Arp PH. D.
Published Online: 20 MAR 2012
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Tattoos - Philosophy for Everyone: I Ink, Therefore I Am
How to Cite
Heaps, J. (2012) Bearing the Marks, in Tattoos - Philosophy for Everyone: I Ink, Therefore I Am (ed R. Arp), Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford, UK. doi: 10.1002/9781118252789.ch11
- Published Online: 20 MAR 2012
- Published Print: 6 APR 2012
Book Series Editors:
- Fritz Allhoff
Series Editor Information
Western Michigan University, USA
Print ISBN: 9780470672068
Online ISBN: 9781118252789
- marks of tattoos, and embodied freedom;
- tattoos, problems of freedom, helping to answer it;
- mind causal, or material determinism;
- cause-and-effect chain;
- Kant's theory of freedom, causal determinism;
- embodied freedom;
- response part of responsibility;
- material or causal determinism, and freedom
This chapter contains sections titled:
Fingers Running Up and Down the Back of My Arm
Am I Really Free?
Kant, Freedom, and Alternate Natures
‘Nature’ Isn't a System
Embodied Freedom: It Develops!
The Response Part of Responsibility
In the Space Created by that Fluid Emergence