16. Writing on the Body
The Modern Morality of the Tattoo
- Robert Arp PH. D.
Published Online: 20 MAR 2012
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Tattoos - Philosophy for Everyone: I Ink, Therefore I Am
How to Cite
Woods, S. (2012) Writing on the Body, in Tattoos - Philosophy for Everyone: I Ink, Therefore I Am (ed R. Arp), Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford, UK. doi: 10.1002/9781118252789.ch16
- Published Online: 20 MAR 2012
- Published Print: 6 APR 2012
Book Series Editors:
- Fritz Allhoff
Series Editor Information
Western Michigan University, USA
Print ISBN: 9780470672068
Online ISBN: 9781118252789
- writings on the body, morality of a tattoo;
- tattooing, whether being immoral;
- Adolf Loos, and tattooing as a moral issue;
- tattooing vogue, of body piercing, scarification;
- tattooing per se;
- Loos, and the crime of ornamentation;
- tattooing, and personal meaning
This chapter contains sections titled:
What if Tattooing is Immoral?
Latent Criminals or Degenerate Aristocrats
Loos and Amorality
Tattooing is Like Murdering?
Loos and the Crime of Ornamentation
Tattooing and Personal Meaning
Tattooing and Liberal Autonomy
Attraction and Repulsion