Published Online: 7 MAY 2012
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Absorption and Drug Development: Solubility, Permeability, and Charge State, Second Edition
How to Cite
Avdeef, A. (2012) Introduction, in Absorption and Drug Development: Solubility, Permeability, and Charge State, Second Edition, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ, USA. doi: 10.1002/9781118286067.ch1
- Published Online: 7 MAY 2012
- Published Print: 11 MAY 2012
Print ISBN: 9781118057452
Online ISBN: 9781118286067
- bulldozer search for a needle in the haystack;
- multimechanistic processes and Lipinski's “Rule of Five”;
- OIM, intellectual property, distributed and proactively managed;
- ADME, multimechanism screens and Caco-2 permeability;
- “absorption” in ADME, properties related to passive absorption
This chapter contains sections titled:
Bulldozer Searching for a Needle in the Haystack?
As the Paradigm Turns
Screen for the Target or ADME First?
ADME and Multimechanism Screens
ADME and the Medicinal Chemist
The “Absorption” in ADME
It Is Not Just a Number, It Is a Multimechanism