11. Creating a Market - Not a Frankenstein
Published Online: 8 AUG 2012
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Improve Your Mind: Twenty Keys to Unlock the Modern World
How to Cite
Flynn, J. R. (2012) Creating a Market - Not a Frankenstein, in How to Improve Your Mind: Twenty Keys to Unlock the Modern World, Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford, UK. doi: 10.1002/9781118314999.ch11
- Published Online: 8 AUG 2012
- Published Print: 27 JUL 2012
Print ISBN: 9781119944768
Online ISBN: 9781118314999
- the market and its church;
- a market, Not a Frankenstein, treating as it wills;
- concepts of economics, virtues/limitations of market;
- the market and racial profiles;
- rational actors, using race as a information-bearing trait;
- market, and affirmative action;
- concept of a market, futile, unless something in the real fits;
- concept of a market, in not forbidding a protection racket;
- law of supply and demand, a price for every tradable item
This chapter contains sections titled:
The Market and Racial Profiles
What is Money?
When Does a Market Exist?
Selecting Who Can Participate: Free Trade?
Selecting Tradable Goods, Services, and Information
Prices, Costs, Income, and Profits