6. Why Don't People Play Games
Published Online: 18 JUL 2012
Copyright © 2012 IEEE
Game Invaders: The Theory and Understanding of Computer Games
How to Cite
Fencott, C., Lockyer, M., Clay, J. and Massey, P. (2012) Why Don't People Play Games, in Game Invaders: The Theory and Understanding of Computer Games, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ, USA. doi: 10.1002/9781118347584.ch6
- Published Online: 18 JUL 2012
- Published Print: 22 JUN 2012
Print ISBN: 9780470597187
Online ISBN: 9781118347584
- Why Don't People Play Games, the challenge, fiero or pride in achievement;
- social networking, interaction and desire for a game to dream with;
- Resident Evil as genre, activity profile, part game and part horror;
- serious fun, altered states of mind from gameplay strategy;
- eMotion Lab and emotional models of play
This chapter contains sections titled:
What Do We Mean by Games?
Why Not Ask the Players?
Emotional Models of Play
Why Don't People Play Games?