12. What is Disease? What is Health?
Published Online: 15 AUG 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley-Blackwell.
Becoming a Consummate Clinician: What Every Student, House Officer, and Hospital Practitioner Needs to Know
How to Cite
Goldberger, A. L. and Goldberger, Z. D. (2012) What is Disease? What is Health?, in Becoming a Consummate Clinician: What Every Student, House Officer, and Hospital Practitioner Needs to Know, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ, USA. doi: 10.1002/9781118380697.ch12
- Published Online: 15 AUG 2012
- Published Print: 10 AUG 2012
Book Series Editors:
- Scott A. Flanders and
- Sanjay Saint
Print ISBN: 9781118011430
Online ISBN: 9781118380697
- disease and health, and what they indicate;
- reconsidering what constitutes a disease, by what it is not;
- aging and disease, geriatrics focusing on frailty syndrome;
- premature aging, pathological/or prepathological state;
- primary disease vs. inadvertent injury
This chapter contains sections titled:
What is a Disease?
Aging and Disease
Primary Disease vs. Inadvertent Injury
Internal Stress and Disease: The Caregiver Syndrome
External Stress and Disease
Defining Disease and Health: Alternative Approaches
What is Health?
Implications: General and Specific
Syndromes within Syndromes