1. Introduction to Lung Cancer and Mesothelioma
- Alison Leary
Published Online: 3 APR 2013
Copyright © 2012 by Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
How to Cite
Leary, A. (2012) Introduction to Lung Cancer and Mesothelioma, in Lung Cancer (ed A. Leary), John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., West Sussex, UK. doi: 10.1002/9781118702857.ch1
- Published Online: 3 APR 2013
- Published Print: 10 FEB 2012
Print ISBN: 9781405180757
Online ISBN: 9781118702857
- 2007) Survival for eight major cancers and all cancers combined for European adults diagnosed in 1995–99: results of the EUROCARE-4 study. The Lancet Oncology, 8 (9), 752–753. , , , et al. (
- 2000) Epidemiology of lung cancer: a century of great success and ignominious failure. In: Textbook of Lung Cancer (ed. H. Hansen). Martin Dunitz, London. , , and (
- 2004) Stigma, shame and blame experienced by patients with lung cancer: qualitative study. British Medical Journal, 328 (7454), 1470. doi:10.1136/bmj.38111.639734.7c. 2004. , , and (
- 2004) Trends and socioeconomic inequalities in cancer survival in England and Wales to 2001. British Journal of Cancer, 90 (7), 1367–1373. , , and (
- CRUK (2010a) Regional variation in survival rates. Cancer Research UK, London. Available at http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/cancerstats/types/lung/survival/index.htm. Accessed May 2010.
- CRUK (2010b) Incidence statistics (lung cancer). Cancer Research UK, London. Available at http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/cancerstats/types/lung/incidence/index.htm. Accessed May 2010.
- DH (Department of Health) (2000) The NHS Cancer Plan: A plan for investment, a plan for reform. HMSO, London.
- DH (Department of Health) (2007) Cancer Reform Strategy. HMSO, London.
- 1950) Smoking and carcinoma of the lung. British Medical Journal, Sept. 30, 2 (4682), 739–748. and (
- 1952) A study of the aetiology of carcinoma of the lung. British Medical Journal, Dec. 13, 2 (4797), 1271–1286. and (
- 1954) The mortality of doctors in relation to their smoking habits. British Medical Journal, Jun 26, 1 (4877), 1451–1455. and (
- 1898) Diseases of the Lungs. Longman Greene, London. and (
- Health Protection Agency (2010) Radon at a glance. HPA, London. Available at http://www.hpa.org.uk/Topics/Radiation/UnderstandingRadiation/UnderstandingRadiationTopics/Radon/. Accessed May 2010.
- 2009) The relationship between lung cancer patients' educational level and evaluation of their treatment information needs. Journal of Cancer Education, 24 (4), 346–350. , , , and Arnold. S. (
- 2010) Understanding Lung Cancer. Macmillan Cancer Support, London. (
- Mesothelioma UK (2010) Mesothelioma information. Avaialble at http://www.mesothelioma.uk.com/index.php?pageno=18. Accessed May 2010.
- National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) and National Collaborating Centre for Acute Care(2005) The Diagnosis and Treatment of Lung Cancer. NICE London.
- NCIN (2008) Cancer Incidence by Deprivation England, 1995–2004. National Cancer Intelligence Network. Available at http://library.ncin.org.uk/docs/081202-NCIN-incidence_by_Deprivation_95_04.pdf. Accessed May 2010.
- NCIN (2009) Cancer Incidence and Survival by Major Ethnic Group, England, 2002 – 2006. National Cancer Intelligence Network. http://library.ncin.org.uk/docs/090625-NCIN-Incidence_and_Survival_by_Ethnic_Group-Report.pdf. Accessed May 2010.
- NHS IC (2009) National Lung Cancer Audit. The NHS Information Centre, London.
- 2007) The International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer Lung Cancer Staging Project: Proposals Regarding the Clinical Staging of Small-Cell Lung Cancer in the Forthcoming (Seventh) Edition of the Tumor, Node, Metastasis Classification for Lung Cancer. Journal of Thoracic Oncology, 2 (12), 1067–1077. , , , et al. (
- 2000) Histologic typing of endocrine tumours. WHO International Histological Classification of Tumours. Springer Verlag, Heidelberg. , , , et al. (
- 2005) One hundred years of lung cancer. American Review of Respiratory Critical Care Medicine, 172 (5), 523–529. and (
- UKLCC (2005) Lung Cancer Awareness Survey. UK Lung Cancer Coalition. Available at http://www.uklcc.org.uk/word/uklccresearchfactsheet.doc. Accessed May 2010.
- UKKLCC (2008) Is Your MDT Fit for Purpose? Report from The International Lung Cancer Conference. UK Lung Cancer Coalition. Available at http://www.uklcc.org.uk/pdf/UKLCC%20MDT%20Report%20FINAL%20Oct%2008.pdf. Accessed May 2010.
- 2006) Air pollution risk of lung cancer in a prospective study in Europe. International Journal of Cancer, 119, 169–174. , , , et al. (