Ecological Approaches in Qualitative Research
Published Online: 5 NOV 2012
Copyright © 2013 Blackwell Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.
The Encyclopedia of Applied Linguistics
How to Cite
Pinnow, R. J. 2012. Ecological Approaches in Qualitative Research. The Encyclopedia of Applied Linguistics. .
- Published Online: 5 NOV 2012
When the term ecology first began to appear in applied linguistics research in the early 1990s it was referred to as the “greening” (de Castell, 1996) of these studies which followed a general trend in the “ecoization” (Benz, 2000) of the English lexicon.
- discourse analysis;
- educational linguistics;
- language in the classroom;
- research methods in applied linguistics;
- second language acquisition;
- sociocultural language studies