Published Online: 5 NOV 2012
Copyright © 2013 Blackwell Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.
The Encyclopedia of Applied Linguistics
How to Cite
Gebhard, M. 2012. Institutional Ethnography. The Encyclopedia of Applied Linguistics. .
- Published Online: 5 NOV 2012
Institutional ethnography (IE) is a method of inquiry that describes institutional situations in detail and analyzes how people's actions and interpretations make these situations recognizable as particular kinds of institutional contexts (Smith, 2005).
- discourse analysis;
- language and social interaction;
- research methods in applied linguistics;
- second language acquisition;
- interactionist language studies;